I'm not going to lie: It completely slipped my mind that I had a blog. These last few months have been extraordinary, painful, exciting and blessed. So much has happened that I don't know where to begin! How about a couple main events?
1) Jacob and I went on a cruise for a Family Reunion/50th Wedding Anniversary for my Grandparents. I haven't even had a chance to get pictures off my camera yet so that story will be a post all in its self.
2) My boyfriend and I have been given full custody of his son. I absolutely LOVE having Luke with us full time now but it has been tough. He was taken away from his mother for child endangerment. The adjustment for Luke has been pretty easy thus far and since its been a month and a half already, I don't foresee any major melt downs in the near future. (He was with us every weekend before this happened. I think moving into an already familiar environment helped!) The tough part is being the adult. Knowing and understanding what is happening, the reasons behind it, and the repercussions and emotional side effects that these events will cause. We are blessed that this has been fairly easy on Luke and I have faith we will be able to help him either now or in the future with whatever he may need!
So there you go. The two major events that has taken place after the last time I posted. Thanks for letting me vent! I knew I could count on you ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment